Friday, April 22, 2011
I wish the Egg companies ran the Oil companies - if the law of supply and demand is the basis for raising oil prices then why are eggs always cheaper the week of Easter? Just a thought......
So...this was my actual Facebook post this week. Would you like a peek at the kind of friends I have? Here are the replies I got:
* Its a right "wing" conspiracy the hens devised!
* Mainly because people speculate on oil futures a lot more than on egg futures. And fear (of which there is much in this world) makes oil prices rise on the futures market. Eggs? Not so much.
* Right. They speckle-late and dye eggs. As opposed to speculating on futures. Ah-hem.
* This idea may not be all you think it is "cracked" up to be.
* All those oil people are bad eggs.
MY REPLY: I just realized I have eggs-tra special friends. Should I put you all in one basket? :-)
* As long as we are all equally "yoked!"
* Just don't count all your friends until they've commented.
* I'm really scrambling to come up with a good egg pun......."/
as long as I have friends like these I know that even if gas prices soar, the housing market continues to tank, and I have yet to purchase an iPhone that I will always be able to laugh! “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.”