Thursday, May 14, 2009

Brownies for My Breakfast....Confessions on Facebook


I created this blog this morning after, what I thought was, just a momentary crazy entry on FaceBook. I am the CEO of a web-based business (yeah....my attorney said I had to choose a legitimate title because Queen of Fun wasn't listed as an option...so there, I am now CEO). So...in the middle of working I realized it was 11:00 a.m. and I hadn't had anything to eat all morning. I was hungry - hey, even CEOs get hungry!

So, against my better judgment, I went to the kitchen and got myself - hold on to your widgets and gadgets and HTML....a BROWNIE (I bet you didn't see that coming!). Then, and I don't know why, I decided to share this with my virtual friends. This is called a momentary distraction. I simply put, as my status update, "I just had brownies for breakfast...seriously...what's that about"? And the replies started popping in faster than I could read! Affirmations....validations and even a reference to the great Bill Cosby - comparing his commenting that chocolate cake contained eggs, milk, wheat.....making it a health food! Seems like I'm not the only one answers to the beckoning of the brownie. Not that I'm at all ashamed. I am not. I love them. Who doesn't? And why shouldn't I have a Brownie for my Breakfast? As my grandmother once told me (I promise this is true and, in fact, she gave me a little plaque to hang on my wall saying so) "Life is uncertain....eat dessert first!"

So what will this Blog be about? Stay tuned - tell all your friends and get ready to get real! Brownie lovers - it's time to come out of the (pantry) closet!!

What did YOU have for breakfast?

4 comments:

  1. Ok, First off, I love that you started this.

    Secondly, I am the person who might be contributing a lot to this blog of yours because I sure do eat the strangest things for breakfast. I am a believer that no food should be designated to only one meal of the day. Food is food. Food should be eaten at any time you want.

    Looking forward to this so much... seriously, you have no idea! :)

    PS. I am soooo going to steal the "Life is uncertain....eat dessert first!".... your grandmother most definitely knew what she's talking about. Amen to eating dessert first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want brownies! Sounds like a good breakfast to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made a huge pan of the Ina Garten Outrageous Brownies. How delicious are they? Wish I could eat them but hubby is taking them to work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WELL breakfast is the MOST important meal of the day! might as well start it off right! cute cute blog. wish i was a CEO and had some graphic designer i could threaten to make my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena