Friday, July 24, 2009

Favorite 'Foto' Friday


Ahhhhh - I can't believe I'm breaking my own rule with that title! I have always had a disdain for not spelling words correctly but I also like alliteration (dictionary.com definition - "The repetition of the beginning sounds of words, as in “Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,” “long-lived,” “short shrift,” and “the fickle finger of fate.” - just in case you wanted an official reference or, if you are like me and didn't know that it's what it's called.)

My husband suggested that now that I'm a woman of word wisdom that I be sure and pronounce it correctly. "I like to alliterate" and not "I are illiterate" - in which case, I could not even give you a dictionary.com reference if I wanted to.

I'm dizzy...what was I trying to say?

Oh yeah...Pictures on Friday. See? That just doesn't sound as much fun. Anyway - here's one of my favs. It's a man holding a goat named Madonna. He entices people with his little goat to come listen to his stories of the history of the beautiful island of St. Thomas. I was one of them and it was amazing.

I hope you enjoy this new Friday Feature and now, I'm going to go eat a Krispy Kreme. I guess it's ok to break the rules sometimes, even my own!

6 comments:

  1. ah, st. thomas! my most favorite place i've ever been to ;) hehe!
    absolutely beauitful there!
    i didn't see this man or his little billy goat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great picture... i love the goat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love St Thomas. Can't say I saw this man....or Madonna though. Haha. Funny Foto!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been given the Honest Scrap Award.

    Check out my blog for the skinny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the goat too...and the fact that you used the word anyway when so many people are using anyways...

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I'm the same way about alliteration! I especially hate when they change both words for no reason like "Kar Kleaners" UGH! lol

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena