Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Monkey Business


Why is it called "monkey grass"?

And why do I work so hard to cultivate a beautiful green lawn only to be at the mercy of the drought or weeds that apparently think "weed and feed" means "feed the weeds"! I baby it...mow it with the blade on the proper setting....feed it those little power pellets that cost more than my anniversary dinner - and for what?

But monkey grass??? Pay it no attention and it thrives. And now, because I've left it to itself for a couple of months - it has gone wild and taken over my patio....like a bunch of wild monkeys! Only not as cute.

So - I'm off to give my little monkeys a hair cut!! I guess it's just the week for hair cuts!

7 comments:

  1. That is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I am in love with that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is the cutest little monkey ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest picture ever! Good luck with the grass--lawn like to mock people..they are cruel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck with the grass!
    i need that monkey, it is the cutest little thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a mild....ok HUGE monkey obsession. Me wants that tiny monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't seem to keep my lawn looking nice. It's quite annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's winter here, with frost and ice - so we haven't been mowing much, unlike you folk in the northern hemisphere!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena